Prepaid is a program that allows you to purchase your electricity before you use it. The amount of Prepaid electricity in your account balance decreases daily as you use electricity.
Questions? Please call us at 1-877-265-3211.
Benefits of Prepaid
Prepaid is designed to make your life a little easier. Timely information about your energy usage can help you be more energy conscious and reduce your energy consumption, which means lower bills!). And you pay any time, anywhere — for on-the-go convenience.
- No deposit necessary: Prepaid accounts won’t require a security deposit. If you currently have a deposit on your account and you’re switching to prepaid, it will be applied to your Prepaid account as a credit.
- No late fees: Prepaid accounts are not subject to late, disconnect, or reconnect fees.
- No due dates: Make payments whenever you want… any time, any day! Just try to maintain a minimum credit balance of $5 at all times.
- No paper clutter: Once your Prepaid account is established, you’ll no longer receive a monthly paper bill. All usage and account balance information can be handled through our SmartHub app.
- Easy budgeting: As long as you maintain a $5 minimum credit balance, you choose when to pay and what to pay. Prepaid is designed for easy budgeting!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continued electric service depends on you prepaying for service on a timely basis.
- If your current balance falls below $0, you will receive a notification (based upon your preferences) and your service will be disconnected shortly thereafter.
- You must be able to receive certain notifications by phone or electronic methods (text, email and app notifications).
- You will not receive a monthly paper bill through the mail.
- Do you prefer to pay as you go?
- Do you prefer not to pay a deposit?
- Do you want to monitor and possibly reduce your energy usage?
- Do you want to be able to split costs among roommates?
Terms and Conditions
Learn about the terms for Prepaid billing on the Terms and Conditions page.