- A SmartHub account is required. SmartHub is where you’re able to make payments, review payment and balance history, view usage data, and set up notification preferences.
- A valid email address and phone number is required. You’re responsible for keeping that information current and up to date in your SmartHub account.
- You’ll no longer receive a monthly paper bill through the mail. All relevant usage and account balance information can be obtained through your SmartHub account.
- There is no account deposit required. Any existing account deposit will be applied to your Prepaid account.
- Payments can be made at any time using:
- Prepaid customers are able to make payments after hours, on weekends, or on a holiday by using SmartHub or Pay by Phone (844-239-0076).
- The minimum payment amount is $5.00; payments may be made in any amount at or above $5.00, however, if service has been disconnected due to a depleted credit balance, it will not be reconnected until the amount owing has been paid and an account credit of at least $5.00 has been reestablished.
- Any returned payments received on the account will be charged to the Prepaid account immediately. If this results in depletion of the credit balance, service will be disconnected the same day.
- Prepaid accounts are not eligible for payment arrangements.
- Prepaid accounts are not eligible for AutoPay or Budget Billing
- Energy Assistance will still be accepted through Prepaid but must be received by the agreed upon date to avoid disconnection of service. The account holder is responsible for the receipt of timely payment.
- Prepaid account balances are calculated daily and are billed at the same rate as other customers in the residential rate schedule. The daily billing includes the service availability charge, energy consumption, any relevant monthly service charges associated with the account, and taxes.
- A Prepaid account will be subject to disconnection of service any time the account does not have a credit balance. This may include weekends and holidays. The daily billing rate will continue to accumulate even if the electric service is disconnected.
- Any tampering related activity will subject the account to immediate disconnection and any relevant fees must be paid before the service is reconnected.
- A Prepaid customer may elect to convert the account to regular monthly billing statements after a minimum of six consecutive months on a Prepaid account. A deposit may be required as a condition of continued service.
- Service terminated at the customer’s request will receive a full refund of any remaining credit balance on the account once the account has final billed and any remaining balance has been paid in full.
- Any account disconnected for seven consecutive days will be closed.
- All Central Lincoln Customer Service Policies, Guidelines and Standards still apply to Prepaid accounts.
Prepaid customer shall assume all liability for and shall indemnify Central Lincoln PUD.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Prepaid account customer shall assume all liability for and shall indemnify Central Lincoln PUD and its commissioners, directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns for—and shall hold them harmless from any and all claims, losses, costs, and expenses of any kind or nature to the extent they relate to the Prepaid account, disconnection of the Prepaid account, restoration of service to the Prepaid account, and interruption of service to the Prepaid account, including but not limited to damage or losses from:
- personal injury or death;
- property damage;
- damages for financial or monetary losses allegedly due to disconnection of electric service, interruption of electric service, or restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account;
- inconvenience or discomfort from disconnection of electric service, interruption of electric service, or restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account;
- health problems asserted to be related to disconnection of electric service; interruption of electric service, or restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account;
- costs, expenses, or attorney’s fees incurred for a claim or lawsuit relating to disconnection of electric service, interruption of electric service, or restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account;
- any and all obligations asserted by or on behalf of third parties arising out of or resulting from the Prepaid account;
- any and all property damage, personal injury or death related to the restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account after a period of disconnection;
- any consequential damages related to the Prepaid account.
Customer specifically assumes as his/her sole responsibility, the safety for all electrical appliances and operating system (on the customer’s side of the meter) (i.e. such as stoves, heaters, heating systems, irons, hair dryers, etc.) which had been operating at the time of disconnection and which may then be re-energized at time of reconnection. Customer indemnifies Central Lincoln PUD from any damages whatsoever (personal injury, property damages, business losses, consequential damages, third party damages) related to restoration of electric service to the Prepaid account.