Chances are your home’s heating system accounts for the largest portion of your electric bill. Upgrading to a high-efficiency heat pump is one of the best ways to lower energy consumption. If you currently heat with electricity (baseboard, wall heaters, electric furnace, or older heat pump), you may be eligible for a rebate.
High Efficiency Air Source Heat Pump Program
Heat pumps are one of the most efficient options for home heating. Heat pumps that are installed and maintained properly can reduce the amount of energy required to heat a home by up to 40 percent, compared to electric furnaces, baseboard heaters, and fan-forced wall heaters. And a bonus is that heat pumps also cool homes on hot summer days.
Choosing a Heat Pump System
When choosing a heat pump system for your home, it’s important to select a Performance Tested Comfort System (PTCS) Certified Contractor. PTCS is a regional standard developed by the Bonneville Power Administration and the requirements exceed local codes for efficiency. Key goals of the PTCS Program are:
- To ensure heat pump systems installed are sized to a specific home’s needs.
- To make certain homes have a sealed duct system, and a well maintained duct system if ductwork is located outside of heated space.
- To assure a heat pump system operates as efficiently as it can while maintaining comfortable conditions inside a home.
For more information and to ensure your project qualifies, prior to beginning your project, please call our Energy Experts at 888–883–9879.
Heat Pump Information
Central Lincoln’s Heat Pump Program is designed to help our contractors get the most from new heat pump purchases. All of our Approved Contractors have been screened to ensure they meet the requirements of the PTCS Program.
Approved Contractors know Central Lincoln will inspect heat pump systems installed under our program. Approved Contractors also agree they will make any corrections necessary if installation problems are found during our inspection process.
Central Lincoln provides incentives to customers to install high efficiency heat pump systems that meet PTCS standards. In order to qualify, customers are required to use an Approved Contractor. The incentive amount varies and depends on a home’s existing heating system as well as whether any existing ductwork is located inside or outside the heated space.
Qualified units installed between July 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021 may qualify for increased incentive amounts. Amounts will vary, so call 888-883-9879 for full information. Limited promotion rebate application (PDF)
- Heat Pump Conversion from existing Electric Forced Air Furnace to New Heat Pump (Existing site built and manufactured homes): $1,400*
- Heat Pump Upgrade from existing Heat Pump OR adding Heat Pump to a system with Gas Back-up, without duct sealing (New and existing site built homes; Existing manufactured homes): $500
- Heat Pump Commissioning & Controls (New and existing site built homes; Existing manufactured homes): $300
- PTCS Duct Sealing or Prescriptive Duct Sealing (Existing site built homes): $250
- PTCS Duct Sealing or Prescriptive Duct Sealing (Existing manufactured homes): $200
*If ductwork is located outside of the heated space (attic or crawlspace), you may qualify for an additional incentive of $250 for site built and $200 for manufactured homes from Central Lincoln.
This rebate program is based on the availability of funds and subject to change at any time without notice.
- Your selected contractor will submit a completed project application to Central Lincoln for review.
- Once approved, Central Lincoln will notify your contractor that your project meets our program requirements and will qualify for program incentives.
- After installation is complete, your contractor will submit a project completion report to Central Lincoln.
- Central Lincoln will perform a quality assurance inspection to review your contractor’s work.
- If approved, you will receive your rebate check in approximately 4-6 weeks.