Central Lincoln exists for one reason – to serve you, our customers. As we all learn to navigate through this difficult and unsure time, one thing we do know is that we have to do it together and be there to help each other when help is so very needed.
Many Central Lincoln customers have recently become unemployed due to the COVID-19 crisis. We want to provide help to those customers through our Job Loss Assistance program.
This program is for any residential Central Lincoln customer who has lost their job and been approved for or has started receiving unemployment benefits. Unlike our other assistance program – Project Care – there is no income requirement or a need to be past due on your electric bill to qualify for Job Loss Assistance.
If you have a past due balance, we will apply a credit equal to your oldest bill. If you have a current balance, we will apply a credit equal to your current bill. If you have no balance now, we will apply a credit equal to your most current bill. Credits will not exceed $200.
To qualify, you must provide proof of unemployment benefits–dated within two weeks of your request to Central Lincoln. (If your unemployment claim is a new claim, the Wage & Potential Benefit Report you receive after your confirmation email from the Employment Department will be accepted.) Please make sure to submit the proof required, or this may delay your Central Lincoln Job Loss Assistance payment.
Here is what you need to do to apply for Central Lincoln Job Loss Assistance.
- Provide proof of your recent unemployment claim (showing that you have been approved for or have started receiving it and dated within two weeks of your assistance request to Central Lincoln; a Wage & Potential Benefit Report is also acceptable) and submit it to us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop Box: they are located outside our Florence, Newport and Reedsport offices
- Fax: Florence # 541-997-5633, Newport # 541-574-2098, Reedsport # 541-271-8729
- Mail: Central Lincoln, Attn: Assistance Program, PO Box 1126, Newport OR 97365
- Provide the Central Lincoln account holder name, if different than requestor.
- Provide the Central Lincoln account holder service address (the address on the proof must match the Central Lincoln service address).
- Phone number of the requestor.
We strongly encourage emailing the required information, as Job Assistance Program funds are limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to include all required information listed above or this will delay our ability to process your request.
Customers who have recently qualified for or are awaiting funds through Project Care may not be eligible for this program.
Questions? Please call 877-265-3211.